Africa 2014 Fifa World Cup Qualifying Results
The final round of the 2014 World Cup qualification matches in Africa sees 10 group winners from the previous stage meet in five two-legged play-off meetings, with the victors qualifying for Brazil 2014. The first legs were played this weekend, during the current international break, beginning with Algeria’s trip to Burkina Faso. Ivory Coast versus Senegal, Ethiopia vs. Nigeria, Tunisia v Cameroon and Ghana in action against Egypt.
Five African nations will qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil once the qualifiers are decided in November’s second legs. Here are the results of the first of two legs of matches to determine who will travel to Brazil. The fixtures of the second legs are also presented.
- 12/10/13: Ivory Coast 3-1 Senegal (Abidjan)
- 16/11/13: Senegal v Ivory Coast (Casablanca, 1900)
- 13/10/13: Ethiopia 1-2 Nigeria (Addis Ababa)
- 16/11/13: Nigeria v Ethiopia (Calabar, 1500)
- 13/10/13: Tunisia v Cameroon (Rades, 1800)
- 17/11/13: Cameroon v Tunisia (Yaounde, 1430)
- 15/10/13: Ghana v Egypt (Kumasi, 1700)
- 19/11/13: Egypt v Ghana (Cairo, 1600)
- 12/10/13: Burkina Faso 3-2 Algeria (Ouagadougou)
- 19/11/13: Algeria v Burkina Faso (Blida, 1815)